We're Hiring an Associate!
The Associate is a dynamic player on our small team who is involved in everything from communications to business development to consulting. There is no typical day, so you enjoy wearing multiple hats. You are motivated to speak up, solve problems and do great work. As your skills develop, you will take on increased responsibilities. We are primarily a virtual team with a lot of flexibility.
This part time (15-20 hours per week) and temporary (6 months) position is based in Washington, DC with our Executive Director.This role is developing with our new strategy and staffing model. In 2019 the hours could expand and become permanent. Occasional travel required.
Why Work with Us
We are a nonprofit consulting firm transforming the leadership and management capabilities of social sector organizations to realize deep partnership and achieve their missions. We probe challenges, create new approaches and serve as thought-partners to both our clients and each other. We are fueled by trust, accountability, agility and collaboration. Growing and developing our team is central to our work - we learn through mistakes, feedback and coaching. We care about and respect each other. We believe that we all have something important to contribute, a voice to be heard.
Our Commitment to Diversity
We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us stronger as individuals, organizations and a society. The full talents of society must be brought to bear on the challenges we face. Our work requires understanding the problems organizations face and the impact of their interventions on constituents. We have an explicit focus on race equity and the relationship of the work to issues of race and intersections with other aspects of identity.
Marketing and sales
- Advance relationships with current and prospective clients as member of marketing team.
- Find and prioritize prospective clients through research and by qualifying leads.
- Maintain Salesforce with accurate, up to date and analyze it to provide insight into our pipeline and forecasted sales.
- Manage sales team meetings (schedule, take notes, track actions items, communicate decisions, and pursue follow-up).
- Coordinate client sales meetings and draft presentations/proposals to support them.
- Draft contracts and process signed ones.
- Identify opportunities to improve our revenue-generation approaches and processes.
Client consulting (with increasing revenue and experience, consulting exposure may grow)
- Manage internal and client meetings (scheduling, note taking, tracking actions items, communicating decisions, and pursuing follow-up).
- Analyze client data from surveys, interviews, focus groups, and documents to produce findings.
- Prepare client materials (update existing materials, tailor content to client, research solutions and next practices, and draft new slides).
- Track project budgets, adjust team allocations and solve problems with project leader.
Operations and capacity building
- Maintain accurate capacity model data (formulas, PTO, hours worked, project profitability), analyze it and solve for project demands.
- Support the executive office by managing travel logistics, coordinating board meetings and staff retreats, developing thought leadership pieces, and managing special projects for example.
- Manage AchieveMission technology and apps (website, software, Google Suite, others).
- Aid efforts to produce efficient and smooth operations in finance and HR.
What We Look For
- Passion: You have a strong desire to do work that matters.
- Nimble: You manage a range of tasks and stakeholders well and adapt as projects evolve.
- Learner: You love to learn and reflect on personal and technical areas of strength and growth and you seek out knowledge about trends and new ways to approach difficult problems.
- Excellent Communication Skills: You are a strong communicator when speaking and writing. You interact with a range of audiences clearly and sensitively.
- Independent and focused: You are a self-starter who follows through. You work with little direction in a remote environment, and know when to reach out for help.
- Systems-thinker: You see and seek opportunities to understand and intervene at a systems level.
- Collaborative: You are a team player with outstanding interpersonal and teaming skills.
- Rigor: You are highly organized with unwavering attention to detail.
- Professional Experience: 2+ years including familiarity with non-profits, philanthropies, B Corps, and/or government agencies, and customer relationship management. Salesforce expertise a plus.
- Education: BA or equivalent experience.
Does this Sound Like You? Apply!
Let us hear from you! We’d like to fill this job before Thanksgiving.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity of all kinds (age, race, color, disability, marital status, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran status).
Send a resume and cover letter outlining how your skills and experience match the role and AchieveMission to Edith Buhs at firstname.lastname@example.org. Place “Associate” in the subject line and attach your resume and cover letter as one PDF. Please tell us how you heard about this job!